Pages


Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Dog tales

Had an email conversation tonight with the ol' boy that posted about the mushrooms almost killing his dogs a week or so back and he told me that they recovered faster than he was able to pay the vet bills. I mentioned that all of my dogs' favorite stunt was to wait until I had saved months and months for something I really wanted and then go out and get run over or something so I could spend my money making the vet's house payment instead of wasting it on a new gun or something.
That brought to mind the pup that I once brought home and that motherfucker had no sooner hit the doorstep and he started shitting and puking. Parvo. Godammit, I hadn't even named it yet. It was a free dog but damn, I can't watch any animal suffer, much less a puppy. So I haul the little bastard down to the vet and $800 later I had a lab pup named Evinrude. What really pissed me off was that damned dog was afraid of the water......

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear that his are doing well! And yeah, they are expensive, but no matter how much we all bitch, we fork it over anyway, we're all suckers for our dogs.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.